Lease Administrator/ Negotiator
|Title:||Lease Administrator/ Negotiator|
REAL ESTATE LEASE NEGOTIATOR/ADMINISTRATOR
Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc. (CED), a large and fast growing wholesale electrical distribution company, is seeking a
Real Estate Lease Negotiator/Administrator to manage a portion of CED’s Real Estate portfolio. The new Real Estate Negotiator/ Administrator
will handle approximately 350 leased locations for the Real Estate department. CED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Our excellent benefits include a profit sharing program, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
Real Estate Negotiators’ primary function is to negotiate directly with third party landlords and their representatives such as real estate agents,
lawyers, and property managers and to draft and/or modify related legal documents. Negotiators do not function as coordinators between
in-house real estate counsel and landlords, but rather must possess a successful track record of drafting and negotiating commercial
real estate leases and other related documents themselves.
Real Estate Negotiators interpret and advise management on all terms of real estate contracts, modifying such documents as needed and
personally compose and prepare all supporting documents, including leases, subleases, exhibits, addendums, tenant improvement work letters,
amendments/extensions, estoppel statements, SNDA’s, and letters of intent.Ensure all final documents are approved and properly executed
by multiple levels of management. Establish a lease file in order to administer the lease terms and conditions. Maintain the lease files
by providing lease interpretation and handling correspondence related to rent escalations, options to renew, CAM reconciliations, NNN expenses,
real property taxes, insurance responsibilities, environmental compliance, damage and destruction, condemnation or eminent domain issues,
maintenance and repair obligations and default/remedy issues that arise during the lease term.
- Must demonstrate significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial real estate leases and other related legal documents.
- Exemplary verbal and written language skills including the ability to independently draft real estate related legal documents, interpret and abstract complex lease documents, write detailed lease reviews, amend lease paragraphs, and negotiate final lease terms with landlords and their attorneys.
- Must able to work independently, possess outstanding organizational skills, and show a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively manage a large number of transactions simultaneously.
- Must be competent with Word, Excel, Outlook and Acrobat.
- Must display a high-level of professionalism.
- Must be service oriented. Real Estate Negotiators/Administrators support field managers who have final authority over their transactions.
Minimum of five years of lease document drafting and negotiation experience required.
Four-year degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications