|Title:||Accounts Receivable Analyst|
|Location:||MO - Kansas City|
Consolidated Electrical Distributors (CED) is a private company that is dedicated to providing quality service in the electrical distribution market. Since its establishment in 1957, CED has become a recognized leader in the electrical industry and now has over 500 locations nationwide. CED specializes in electrical consumer goods for residential, commercial, and industrial markets. Through a uniquely independent business model, CED has sustained long-term growth.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ANALYST
The Accounts Receivable Analyst is responsible for applying, researching, verifying and correcting account balances for Consolidated Electrical Distributors. This includes verifying balances to ensure billing and payments were processed accurately, as well as researching missing payment and invoice files to justify/correct discrepancies. This position is also responsible for administering the accounts receivable aging of an assigned portfolio of accounts. The position requires the ability to work well with all levels within an organization to ensure collection objectives are achieved without any negative impact to customer relationships. This position will work closely with the Credit Manager and the Invoicing staffs to ensure objectives are met in an environment of continuous improvement. Other projects may also be assigned from time to time at the Credit Manager’s discretion.
- Division Credit Manager
- Interact and collaborate with profit center personnel, credit office staff, the Division Credit Manager, and other CED employees
- Communicate with customers that purchase products on open account, cash, cod, and credit card
- Operation and maintenance of the daily, monthly, and quarterly functions of accounts receivable.
- Perform credit investigations for new accounts and existing accounts.
- Process job accounts and send preliminary lien notices as required by state statutes.
- Account maintenance to set up new accounts, alter, and update account information.
- Draft lien waivers per customer requests and payments received.
- Engage in resolving open accounts and sales problems with customers both on the phone and through email.
- Own the end-to-end collections process for customers by monitoring the A/R aging and following up on any past due balances.
- Determine best solution for collection on delinquent accounts and initiate processes with the Credit Manager's approval.
- Maintain and enforce CED’s lien and bond rights at all times.
- Ensure customer adherence to CED’s standard terms and conditions
- Create/maintain detailed and succinct notes of interactions with customers.
- Special projects and other duties as instructed by the Credit Manager.
- Cash application
- Prepare bank deposits and post customer payments.
- Process customer refunds.
- Account adjustments.
- Bank reconciliation
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or High School Diploma & College Courses with two years’ experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate.
- Microsoft Office Suite software (proficiency with Excel a must).
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to accomplish variable tasks at the same time.
CED is an Equal Opportunity Employer | Disability and Veteran